Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hi Everybody,

We'll things are ok I am taking lot's of test and MRI's. I did a swallow test today and now I have to put (thick-it) in all my drinks so I do not aspirate. I met my doctor who will do the biopsy on me Friday and he says it looks good for me during the surgery. It shouldn't be a large cut but I am scared. My vocal cords do not work well on the Right side and The doctors say I have been compensating with the left side. They will have to be careful not to go in on the left side that could cause problems for me. I marched in a Mardi Gras parade today, well it was in the hospital with all the other children and we also had a party at the Grizzley House. There was a photographer there and he took my picture alot for the hospital newspaper. I went to the zoo and the children's museum and I went to the Peabody Hotel to see the Ducks march. My godfather and his wife came to visit that was fun and my Nannie has been here to help with IV's and such. It will take a week for me to heal after my test and then they will decide if radiation or cemo. but I might have to have both as a treatment, but thats ok if it makes that tumor smaller.
I miss my friends at school and my family and my dog. LOVE ALL

9 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle,
    It sounds like you had a fun day. I think about you often and pray that you're doing well. Is your dog's name Scoobie Do? What kind of dog is he? Keep in touch.
    Love,
    Mrs. Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle

    How are you?

    Was it fun at the parade?

    Will you save a newspaper for us?

    Hope to see you soon!

    Love, Reagan

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey danielle it's me alyssa again just wanted to ley you know i'm praying every night for you and so is every one else

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Danielle,
    It's Kristen. I am so very excited that I get to see your bright and smiling face tomorrow. I am so proud to call you my sister. There are a lot of people praying for you and I know that you can beat this. I love you so very much and will see you very soon.
    Love Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey its grace. sorry but i commented on your oldest blog. ha im new at this, but i'll catch on. miss you!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. A parade and party! What great things for you to share with your new friends there in TN. Know that you are loved and prayed for.

    - Cuz Buggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danielle, I will be sending you love and beautiful white light all day tomorrow. I know that you're scared, but it is going to go okay on Friday. Our labs, Gunny and Baco, are sending you love as well as JC and me, and they say that your dog misses you, too, and can't wait for you to come home so that he can lick your face!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey danielle, this is grace and jenea we have been thinking about you and praying for you and we A question for you.Do you like the food.keep on being a tough girl.love,grace and jenea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Girl,
    I'm so excited that you had your own Mardi Gras up there with all your friends. I caught some good beads for you and sent them with Aunt Fuzzy and the crew who are with you this morning. I know you will do great in surgery today and those doctors will take care of you! Everyone is thinking of you this morning sweetie and we miss you! I know you are going through a lot of tests and procedures up there and it gets hard sometimes but just remember what Dori sang..."Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming". You got it girl. Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete